Monday, March 7, 2016

2/8/16

In the book of Acts, the supremacy of Jesus is declared exclusively.  The key verse is found in Acts 4:12, “And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.”  Today I want you to feel the impact of this audacious claim, “There is salvation in no one else.”  Our culture can be slick at times.  Subtly, it moves against the church with deadly effectiveness and stealth.  Take the following examples:

Jason is a 38-year-old single economics professor in California.  In response to a question asking why he didn’t attend church, he replied, “I know you don’t like to hear this but I really don’t see how Jesus can be the only way to heaven.  I definitely believe in God, but there are just too many people in the world who don’t believe in Jesus for me to think that God doesn’t love them too.”  This is pure relativism.  Based on this philosophy, it makes no difference what you believe.  There are no absolute truths.  What is true for me may not be true for you and vice versa. Relativism distorts the supremacy of Jesus.

Tina Turner has sold something like 30 million recordings.  She said, “I’m Buddhist/Baptist.  My training is Baptist, and I can still relate to the Ten Commandments.  It’s all very close, as long as you contact the subconscious mind.  That’s where the coin of the Almighty is.  I don’t care what they feel about me and my tight pants on stage, and my lips, and my hair.  I am a chanter.  And everyone who knows anything about chanting knows you correct everything in your life by chanting every day.”  This is syncretism.  Based on this philosophy, all religions have some measure of truth.  The totality of God’s full revelation is realized through all religions.  Syncretism distorts the supremacy of Jesus.

All of these subtle attempts to distort the supremacy of Jesus can appear logical and reasonable.  What we each have to decide is whether Jesus is the Way, Truth and Life or not.  Will we go with logic or faith, human reason or revelation?  Hebrews 11:6, “Without faith, it is impossible to please God.”

Pray with me… Father God, the road forks in front of each of us.  We want to take the road less traveled, the high and narrow way that leads to life… the Jesus Way. We want to be among the few who seek and find it. Thank you for revealing Your heart for us in Jesus.  You are a good, good Father. In His Name, amen.

Blessings,
Pastor Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment