Monday, January 27, 2014

1/27/14

One of the big reasons people live out their lives each day, day after day, without any consciousness of God is because they honestly don’t believe they matter to Him.  After all, with a global population of 7.13 billion and growing, they think, “How could God be mindful of me?”  Of course, that is precisely why Jesus came… to make God’s love and grace real and personal to all of us.  There are some absolutely beautiful verses in the Bible that impress this truth.

Psalm 56:8, “You’ve kept track of my every toss and turn through the sleepless nights… Each tear entered in Your ledger, each ache written in your book.”  The Message

Isaiah 49:15-16, “Can a mother forget the infant at her breast, walk away from the baby she bore?  But, even if mothers forget, I’d never forget you – never.  Look, I’ve written your name on the backs of My hands.”  The Message

Wait… \reread those verses slowly.  Internalize those words in the deepest parts of who you are.  Can you take it in today?  If you do, it will be hard to think of yourself as insignificant.  It will be hard to remain depressed.  It will be hard to feel hopeless.  It will be hard to live in a place of inferiority.  Embrace these truths.  Impress them on your children.  Your Creator, your Heavenly Father has not forgotten you.  He remembers you…

Psalm 25:7, “According to Your love remember me… for you, Lord, are good.”  NIV

Pray with me… Father, the prayer of the Psalmist is my prayer today and all this week, that you would remember me.  And thank you for the assurance in your Word that you have, you do and you will! In the name of Jesus our Lord we pray, amen.

Blessings,
Pastor Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment