Monday, July 22, 2013

7/22/13

Several of us in the Crossroads church are engaged in 30 Days of Prayer for the Muslim World.  Today is day 14.  When I feel powerless to accomplish something that I am convicted is a vital Kingdom initiative, I depend on prayer.  It is the primary way I can touch another person’s life or contribute to solving a difficult problem or correct an injustice I am otherwise powerless to influence or convert a resistant soul that I am unable to reach.   Human engineering is so limited and impotent in comparison to the confidence and power released when we pray for God’s intervention.  And prayer is not a last resort; it is a first resource!  This is especially true when it comes to winning the Muslim world to the One and Only Lord, Jesus.

The Bible is fresh and new to many in Muslim countries.  They have no Christian background or worldview, so when they hear the message of God’s grace it is amazing and life transforming for them.  This is especially true in poorer rural areas, but a little less so in the bigger cities where materialism has taken hold.  And so we faithfully pray and then we hear story after story….

“A friend gave me the Gospel of John.  In the first chapter I read that Jesus is the Lamb of God.  Immediately a mystery in the soul of Islam was unlocked.  The millions of animals we sacrifice during the annual pilgrimage are a sign pointing to the Messiah who is the sacrificial Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!”

“I am free!  I have found that there is no comparison between Christianity and Islam.  Where once I had many rules to follow from the Qur’an and the Hadith, I now have a personal relationship with God through Christ.  It’s so different.”

Pray with me…. Father, it is Your desire that none would perish, but that the whole world would come to repentance and a knowledge of the truth.  We pray with all that is in us for Your kingdom to come and Your will to be done on earth, as it is in heaven.  In the name of the only One who can make that possible, even Jesus, amen.

Blessings,
Pastor Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment