Monday, October 28, 2013

10/28/13

I am living in the afterglow of weekend worship at Crossroads...struck again this morning by the realization of the intensely personal relationship that the Lord Jesus desires with you and me as evidenced in his repeated invitations...seven of them:

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.”  [Matthew 11:28]

“Come and you will see.”  [John 1:39]

“Come to me and drink [living water].”  [John 7:37]

“Come and have breakfast.”  [John 21:12]

“Come, follow me.”  [Mark 10:21]

“Come with me to a quiet place and get some rest.”  [Mark 6:31]

“Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world.”  [Matthew 25:34]


I am shamed by the way He initiates friendship, partnership and relationship with me while I am preoccupied with the “tyranny of the urgent.”  I am renewed in my determination to spend less time in a ‘Martha mindset’ [busy serving] and more time in a ‘Mary mindset’ [desiring the better thing].

Pray with me...Thank you, Lord Jesus, for your patient and persistent love for us as we mature in our understanding of how to personally, practically and daily open our hearts to you.  Amen.

Blessings,
Pastor Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment