Tuesday, March 4, 2014

3/3/14

This past weekend I shared the true story of how little Hattie May Wyatt’s gift of 57 cents inspired the construction of a 3,300 seat mega-church, and eventually, the establishment of Good Samaritan Hospital and Temple University in the city of Philadelphia.  Sunday evening I heard from Rodgers Greenawalt, one of our faithful Crossroads men.  With permission, I am sharing his testimony:

“Just wanted to say how much I enjoyed hearing about Hattie May Wyatt.  It is so inspiring and a great reminder of the impact our lives and giving today can have on future generations.  I first heard her story about 15 years ago, and it so touched me that I decided then that every week I would add 57 cents to my weekly offering.  I have been doing that so long that I often did it without reflecting on why I was writing 57/100 instead of 00/100 on the check.  The timeliness of your story this week was just as inspiring and spoke to me personally that we can make a difference.  The angle you took on her story about giving ALL, similar to the poor widow [Mark 12:41-44 and Luke 21:1-4], was something I had never thought about.  You taught me that it wasn’t the poor widow’s 2 coins or Hattie May Wyatt’s 57 pennies that inspired everyone, as it was the powerful influence of seeing someone willing to give ALL that has moved and touched people through the years.”

I could not have said it better…

Pray with me… Father, when we sing, “All to Jesus I surrender,” may we sing the truth.  When we pray and teach and testify and preach about surrender, may it be the truth.  May we experience the deeper joys of total surrender to your loving Lordship each day.  In the name of Jesus, amen.

Blessings,
Pastor Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment